Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Relationships...


Relationships don't work the way they do on television or the end of the movies. Throughout the movie we are wondering if they will or if they won’t and then they finally do and they are happy forever.

Please guys, give me a break.

Nine out of ten of them end because they weren't right for each other to begin with and the ones that get married, get divorced anyway and I am telling you right now that through all this stuff I have not become a cynic - I haven't. Yes, I do happen to believe that love is mainly about pushing chocolate covered candies and you know, in some cultures, a chicken. You can call me a sucker, I don't care. Because I do, believe in it. Bottom line is that the couples who are truly right for each other go through the same crap that everybody else does but the difference is that they don't let it take them down. One of those two people would stand up and fight for that relationship every time. If its right and they are real lucky, one of them will say something.

I have always been sure about everything in my life. I was sure of what I wanted to do and who I wanted to be with. I had a plan for everything. I used to think that if I had a plan, things will eventually fall into place. But the truth is, you cannot plan for others, and others don’t necessarily fall into your plans either. Your partner will not always act the way you want him to, he might not do the things you expect him to, he/she might screw up once in a while and really push your limits. But love, as I have come to understand, is not about how much time and attention you give each other on a daily basis, but its about the decision of caring for the other no matter how you feel, and if there is anything I have learned, it is that when relationships are right, they are easy. Even when things are hard, they are easy.

At the end of the day, your heart knows exactly who and what it wants.


-omi

No comments:

Post a Comment