Thursday, February 24, 2011

Exam Season.. ( Part#1 )


Its exam time for college students across India, which means that all across the sub-continent young college students are complaining about the scheduling of their finals. It doesn't matter what sort of schedule you end up with, you WILL be dissatisfied with the placement of your exams. I keep hearing people saying, "This sucks. I have over a week between each of my exams. I wish I could just get them over with." Or, on the other side, "This sucks. All my exams are on consecutive days. I wish I got a break between them so I could study." Yes, the grass always seems greener on the other side.

While practically everyone I know was making one of those two arguments about why their particular exam schedule is worse than anyone else's, one of my friends came up with a truly original complaint: "I don't even care how much time I have between my exams. It's not like I'm going to study anyway. I just wish they wouldn't schedule them at the same time as the cricket world cup game." I'm glad to see at least one person still has his priorities straight.

I have noticed that the library becomes quite an interesting place when exam time comes around. You see people in the library you never expect to see. Some give you the shocks. It's like, “dude, you actually come here?” Sometimes I feel so bad for those people and I feel like asking them if they forgot their way home and accidently ended up in the library. But then again, there are always some people who totally disappear from the face of this earth. It's like they do not exist anymore. But you know they will appear from some corner once exams are over.

Anyway, coming back towards the library, it gets ridiculously full, to the point that it becomes impossible to find any place to sit and study. You'd think this would encourage people to stay home and study in their rooms instead, but it doesn't. "I can't study at home," is the average college student's cry. "It's too loud." And so, every semester, thousands of students migrate to the library like geese or pilgrims, whichever helps that simile make the most sense, in the hope of finding a quiet, unoccupied corner. God bless you, brave students of India.

Oh.. well I have come to the conclusion that having an exam tomorrow morning is no reason to avoid Facebook tonight. I mean, let's face it, the Facebook will still provide some fun moments and help you to study with a fresh mind..

that's all from the part 1 folks..
all the best!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment