Sunday, February 13, 2011

Life is like a Dream...!


The earth is soft and cool beneath..
I can feel the blades of grass..
Gently pressed under me..
Green, young and slightly moist..
Still.. Yet breathing..

And I see shifting shadows through closed lids..
Playing - capering - laughing..
As I nestle my head deeper in her lap..
Treasuring and preserving..
The warmth under my head..

I follow the act and listen to the shadows..
I can hear the merry and begin to smile..
A shy, scented drop awakens my skin..
And I open my eyes to hold her face..
Words elude and sounds fade off..
As I marvel a new meaning to beauty..

I drink with thirsty eyes..
The oval that is my world..
Circled lovingly in dark flowing hair..
Velvet like silk and soft as silence...
Coy and demure..

I drink with thirsty eyes..
The delicate curve of her neck..
Just within reach and yet not..
The contours, sensuous.. and tempting..
I nestle my head and smile back..

I see myself reflected..
In liquid pools of light..
See myself anew..
Alive and well..
Through her eyes..

I trace the exquisite lips..
Longing their flavor..
Craving through parch..
I want to lift myself..
But the warmth lets not..

Oh it is such a strife..
Painful yet nurturing..
An impish pleasure..
A sight divine..

I drink with thirsty eyes..
And I beg life..
If this is a dream..
Don't wake me up just yet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment