Monday, February 21, 2011

Lying to Myself..


Some things I know I have lied to myself – and this is one of them.

After swearing to destroy all of her things, I know I haven’t really discarded all ... somewhere hidden in an album lie, now yellowing photographs - still beautiful with a hint of those times – in an academic file alongside my notes – I am sure - lies buried - a birthday card – and amongst the modest treasures of my wallet is a guitar pick – that still fancies her touch. ..

Masked cleverly in my words, somewhere lie - subtle references - to memories only one reader can relate...... In empty corridors of a dilapidated structure, there still can be heard - echoes of her laughter and although, now abandoned – there still flows a river - now mourning with salted water.

In the waking hours of some nights, the bed still longs her warmth. And the still air – now devoid of her scent – feels like a vacuum mocking my heart.

On some things I know, I have lied to myself and this is one of them ...... Oh! How I wish there were words that could describe – How much I miss her on some days ....

2 comments:

  1. Touching man.. !!! Amazing stuff .. !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice work :) ....... keep going !


    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=1222667460&aid=2065745#!/photo.php?fbid=1675849575746&set=a.1504124762733.2065745.1222667460&theater

    ReplyDelete