Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Moment of Truth...




This conversation we began
I know not where 'd we start
Threads of thought forked in-numerous
Broke down walls imposed
And we talked
Through evenings and nights and hours unheard
Through tears and anger and ecstasies untold

Until now that we stand in this net
And wherever I see
Are tracks of our footsteps
I can't imagine how I travelled alone
The footsteps are etched
As tough carved in stone

They reassure and yet terrify
For I fear the winds I once loved
Could erase our marks forever
Or that you might walk away
And leave my heart severed

We've morphed our likes
To suit one another
'til now they are so changed
Even wanting we can not avert

Alas my friend,
It is the moment of truth
And I have to ask,
Shall we trudge snow and sand
And climb and fall together

Or shall you now let go
And into this earth
Should I disappear ?

No comments:

Post a Comment