Saturday, December 25, 2010

I dream... my way....


many people ask me...
"How do you dream? How can you dream so clearly? What do you dream of?"

I dream of what I can and what you cannot. I see what I should and what you would not. I feel what you want and I touch what you fear. I try to submit but as a droplet clinging to the surface, I have always held on to the intangible feelings of hope and remorse.

I dream of smoke and sparkles. I dream of nights, nightscapes and starlit skies. I reach out to hold the falling stars in my hands for I know the worth of the fallen ones. I dream of valleys; green and blue. I dream of the lies, the eyes and the truths. I dream of castles in a far away land. I dream of wars, won and lost. I dream of colors so rich and true. I dream of music so soft and melodious. I dream of dark endless nights that dissolve me in fervor and passion.

…But then again, I dream of nothing. I stay awake at nights, holding my hands against my weak, weak heart. I drink caffeine in abundance at a time. I drink, write and read your words, your eyes, your thoughts. I can’t dream as you forbid me to, and then you ask, “What do you dream of?”

As we all celebrate our mediocrity, paying in blood for all things free; hunting ravenously for a bargain to buy back our brains, I want to sit calm and sail in my decade of dreams--fighting the battering bullets with butterflies.

If I do continue to dream don’t wake me up for I am a boy they find impossible to forget and infernally hard to remember.

How do I dream? Do I really know?

I catch a fluttering butterfly and choose colors from its wings. I close my eyes and hear the waves moan as they crash against the shore. I stood once in freezing, feeling the hail numb my soul. I feel yesterday from a pedestal high and the hurt made me feel alive. I taste the salty teardrops grazing the corner of my lips. I feel lovely touch and the satisfaction of loving someone. I feel the cool sea breeze tingle my skin and more.

…and that’s how I dream my friend. Though there is still more—more to dream, more to determine.


-omi

1 comment:

  1. That's so rejuvenating, my boy!!!!
    God bless you to fulfill all your dreams

    ReplyDelete