Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Crazy Woman....

"How do you do that?” he asked. “I mean how can you open yourself up to someone and love them so much after all that you have been through?”

“Think about your first love...” She said. “ Think about the person you loved for the very first time - the love that was fearless and the heart that was unfamiliar with any pain. Do you remember how that feels?”

He nodded.

“Well, that's the thing with me...” She continued. “When I fall in love with someone, I make my heart believe that I am falling for the first time. I cannot bear the fact that the man who is the object of my affection should not get my full affection because of another man who caused me pain at some point. I believe in taking chances and I cannot live with the fact that I will not offer myself fully to someone who might be deserving of it because I have been hurt before.

Besides, I have to give it my all in order to find out if the relationship or if that man is worth it. All these measured relationships do not make sense to me. I believe in loving and loving well.”

He remained silent for a little while, as if he was processing what she had explained to him.

“Women...” he finally spoke. “Women are so complicated and so crazy, and you,are the craziest woman I know.”

He smiled.



-omi

2 comments: