Friday, December 10, 2010

Friendly Fire....


My friend always assured me that she will be there for me whenever I need her. But that is not true. Where was that girl when I got in a fight… with HER! She was supposed to back me up, but NO, she took HER side. So I'm torn between wanting to get back to the way we were, and knowing in my heart that she deserves a good slap..

Its a tricky thing to engage in a fight - with a friend. I find myself very perplexed in moments like these. I know it is not going to amount up to anything but I cant help but yell at her. But looking back at it, I thoroughly enjoy how my friends fight:

Guys - they usually wrestle around, throw a few jabs at each other and work the stress out so that everything's back to normal. I usually apply the same approach. Cut the drama, throw a few punches (or anything approachable that I can throw which wouldn't break), burn off some steam and once we are tired from the sheer absurdness, we sit in silence for a few minutes before one of us goes, "Wanna go grab a bite? I am hungry now", "Sure" and the rest is history.

Girls - now they are a whole another story. As a part of their programming, they will engage in an around 72-hour mental warfare (usually over me) in which each will pretend to not be mad and that the other is not noticing that she is pretending to not be mad.
Please Reread it if you must.
It makes sense I promise. At which point the first to get mad loses, is named the "B*tch" and must be the one to dish out the ice cream in the make-up ritual. They will ironically trade dirty gossip about the other members of their circle, causing the cycle to repeat itself. They'll gulp down spoonfuls of Rocky Road not at all realizing the inherent symbolism.

So which argument style is better? Healthier? Most damaging? I can't say.. Rather I cant Judge! ;)


-omi

3 comments: