Thursday, March 10, 2011

Gift yourself a Quiet Moment...


Here's a gift you may not have expected. It is a gift for you to give yourself. Sometimes in your day to day life, try to turn off all the noises you can around you and give yourself some "quiet time". In the silence, let yourself think about something. Or if possible... Think about nothing.

Most of us have so few moments like that in our lives. There are noises everywhere. There are times when we can't even escape. Television and radio are probably the worst culprits. They are very seductive. It's so tempting for some people to turn on the television set or the radio when they first walk into a room or get in the car....To fill any space with noise. It is even true with myself. I cannot help but turn on music as soon as I walk in my room. Whenever I am walking alone, I have my wiped screaming in my ears. I wonder what I or people similar to me are afraid might happen in the silence. Some of us must have forgotten how nourishing silence can be. We don't give us the opportunity to take benefit feelings that silence has to offer.

The kind of solitude goes by many names. It may be called "meditation" or "deep relaxation" or just "downtime". In some circles it may even be criticized as "daydreaming". Whatever its called, it is a time away from outside stimulation, during which inner turbulence can settle, and we have a chance to become more familiar with ourselves.

How many times have you noticed that its the little quiet moment in the midst of life that seems to give the rest the extra-special meaning??? How many times have we tried to understand that silence speaks in the language that the heart, soul and mind can fully understand?? How many times have we realized that silence can be holy?

So, give yourself a gift today.....

1 comment:

  1. I truly believe in it, and I was about to scribble some words on this... then i red this :)
    Neat work bro

    ReplyDelete